I love finding the easiest recipes for the most delicious foods. I wanted to start making my own little snacks so I found a really awesome recipe for protein balls, I knew I immediately wanted to share it with you.
The Healthy Maven is where I found this latest recipe, which is pretty awesome because this badass blogger babe is actually an old friend of mine. I remember before she was a blogger, when I was blogging way more, she reached out to me to help her design her first blog! And now she’s a full time blogger and has made it into her own business, pretty awesome huh?
She’s a healthy foodie and recipe creator and I’m glad I picked this recipe as the first one I’ve personally tried.
***This is 1000% her recipe, not mine, I’m literally copy and pasting from her website – so go check her out!!!
No-Bake Oatmeal Protein Energy Balls
- 1.5 cups of rolled oats
- 1/2 cup of vanilla whey protein powder (about 2 scoops)
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1/2 cup of smooth natural peanut butter (or any nut butter)
- 3 tablespoons of natural honey
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup of raisins, chocolate chips, craisins or preferred add-in.
- 2-4 tablespoons of liquid (almond milk, milk, water, etc…)
- Add oats, protein powder, cinnamon and chia seeds to a large bowl.
- Add in peanut butter, honey and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Add in raisins (or preferred add-in). Mixture should be slightly sticky but still crumbly.
- Slowly add in liquid 1 tablespoon at a time and using hands (get dirty!) combine until it comes together in a sticky ball that holds together. If mixture is too dry, add in more liquid but not so much that it won’t hold shape.
- Roll into balls using hands.
- Place in a container to set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Store in fridge until ready to eat.
Thanks to Davida for being someone who makes food creation so damn simple. The hardest part was literally having to wash my hands. The balls are so damn delicious, I went through 1 batch so easily lol, granted, I shared them because I was so impressed with how they tasted.
Go make them, eat them, and be happy!!